What is IMO?
IMO is an instant messaging application that can be used on laptops and mobile. IMO for PC similar to the Facebook messenger application. IMO is available for Android, Windows, PC, Laptop, iOS, Blackberry, etc. IMO application helps you make free video calls to your friends, relatives, clients and other people you want to connect with around the world at any time.
What are the features of IMO?
- User Interface: The user interface of the application is quite minimal, clean, basic and easy to use. Hence if you are a beginner, you can still use the application without any hassle.
- Video Calling: Users can make high-quality video calling and messaging with 2G, 3G, 4G or Wifi connection. Since it is an online application internet connection is essential for its use.
- Ringtones: Users can select their choice or specific ringtones for calls, notification, SMS, etc.
- Stickers: Users can use hundreds of stickers that are available on the application free of cost to express your feelings impressively.
- Share photos and videos: Users can share unlimited photos and videos without any size restrictions on the application, unlike other applications.
- Settings: Option is provided to save, browse and search history.
- Group chat: The group chat feature is also available in this application like it is available on other applications like WhatsApp and Facebook messenger application. Hence you can enjoy chat with a group of friends.
- Security: In IMO video calls and chats are encrypted hence the privacy of chats is maintained. So, users don’t have to worry about security.
- Data: It is a great application if you are looking for any application that consumes fewer data.
- Storage: The application is also using less storage in your mobiles and computers which is what all users love and want.
- Free: Unlimited free video calls and chats with relatives, friends, clients and other people you want to connect with around the globe at any time. So, you can avoid phone calls and SMS charges.
How to Download or Install IMO for PC Windows 10/8/7
Some basic requirements that are needed before downloading IMO on your PC:
The application is an online messenger application hence it is essential to have an internet connection be it 2G, 3G, 4G or WIFI. Without an internet connection, the application would not work.
Bluestacks must be installed on your PC or any other emulator.
What is BlueStacks?
BlueStacks is an Android emulator for PC which will enable Windows users to run Android applications on the PC. It helps you to play mobile games or popular mobile applications on your PC. Hence Bluestacks is mostly downloaded by gamers who want to play mobile games on PC.
Steps to Install IMO for PC:
- STEP 1: Download the application on your mobile phone or tablet first before downloading it on your PC or laptop.
- STEP 2: Download & Install Bluestacks or alternative of Bluestacks or any other emulator.
- STEP 3: Move the IMO application from mobile to your PC or Laptop and run the file using Bluestacks.
- STEP 4: Enter your mobile number and fill in other details if required.
- STEP 5: The IMO Application will send you a code on the mobile number you provided. Type in the same code received on the computer screen. Save it on the computer, and press Enter.
- STEP 6: Now you can start the use of the application. You can select or view contacts from your contact book and start your conversations or video call. The user interface will be just the same it is on your mobile phone or tablet.
- STEP 7: Tap on the contact and select the video button for the video call to start. You can make group chats also by selecting a contact and then selecting NEW GROUP VIDEO CALL and then select contacts that you want to add in the group and the group is made. Then you can further carry out your conversation just like you do it on the mobile phone or tablet.
Now you can assess IMO application on your mobile phone, tablet, laptop or PC because it is installed in both the place.
What are other alternatives to the IMO application?
There are so many more applications that are similar to the IMO application.
Telegram is an instant messaging application that was launched in 2013. Users have to make an account on Telegram. The accounts are tied to mobile numbers and are verified by SMS. Users can make group chats, use many stickers, send live locations, send photos and videos without any size restrictions, chat and do video calls free of cost. Users can also customize the application as they like.
Viber was launched in 2010 and was quite popular when it was launched. With Viber users can do free calls, video calls and send messages from anywhere to anyone at any time. Users can create group chats and use various stickers and GIFs to express their feelings with fun. Users can sync history and transfer calls to Viber for desktop. The messages users send are end to end encrypted hence safe to use.
Pidgin runs on Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, Solaris, OpenBSD, and so many more platforms. It is a free instant messaging application. Users can log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. It is open-source and contains no advertisements. It has basic features of share pictures, videos, smileys, chatting and much more.
Kik was launched in 2009. It is an instant messaging mobile application which is free of cost. It has a clean and easy to use interface. With Kik users can chat with their friends, family, clients and share photos, videos, GIFs, and so much more. With Kik users can also meet new people with similar interests. The application is available on Google Play and the App Store.
Hence IMO is a great instant messaging application and you can go forward and download it not only on your mobile phones, tablets but also on your PCs.