The modern approach to a contemporary space is to provide the maximum possible comfort to its owner and make a profit after a certain period of time after using it. For this purpose, there have been created special systems that perform most of the routine household duties absolutely independently, and the most complex processes are launched only by pressing a button on a single control panel or through an application on your phone.
Today, the demand for space automation presented by the city apartment owners is increasing, and here the need for smart technologies is determined more by the desire of the owner to receive additional comfort, and not by the class of housing. The issue of equipping residential apartments is only a matter of the degree of automation: integrated or local. The latter is economical and relevant for two-three-room apartments, and this is the overwhelming segment of modern housing. “Spot”, local automation involves the installation of various sensors (motion, water leakage control, lighting), the use of linear actuators, such as a 12v actuator for free space creation and not only, and the ability to water plants while the owners are on vacation, the use of remote controls.
Foreign statistics, where intellectual building has long been an everyday reality, speaks of the benefits of investments and their quick return.
The consumer receives:
- Benefits for risk insurance and intelligent technologies allow them to be reduced by up to 60%!
- A smart home is a large one-time investment that ultimately reduces the cost of operating the home.
Learn more about automation opportunities and benefits in the article below.
Savings with Smart Home Systems
Today, domestic space automation systems, better known as smart homes, are becoming more and more popular and affordable. Let’s try to consider the possibilities of such systems in terms of household savings and the profit you can make.
It is possible to divide the achieved economic benefits obtained by using Smart Home systems into two parts: saving money and saving time. Let’s consider each of them.
Saving money is mainly achieved by reducing the cost of electricity, which, with regularly growing tariffs, brings a fairly tangible effect.
The main ways to influence the cost of electricity are:
- The introduction of more modern lighting sources into the automation project, with the ability to control the power of light in combination with light sensors, will automatically change the level of illumination in the room, depending on the time of day and natural light
- The use of presence and motion sensors will automatically turn off the light sources a few minutes after people leave the room, which is especially important in walk-through rooms, bathrooms, on stairs, and in public buildings
- Interesting savings opportunities are achieved by automating the operation of various climate systems – if several different systems are used in a room, it is enough to set the required temperature regime for individual rooms or the entire house, and the automation itself will decide which systems can be used to achieve the specified conditions most economically. Additionally, this will eliminate possible conflicts between several systems, for example, between air conditioners and underfloor heating, which will significantly extend the life of the equipment and, again, save the owner money.
To sum up under the described methods of saving electricity, then, according to experts, possible savings, subject to the competent design of the system, can range from 10 to 40 percent. As practice shows, the larger the object and the more engineering systems it uses, the higher this percentage.
Often, in a modern house, in addition to lighting and climate control equipment, complex engineering systems are used: ventilation, air conditioning, boiler equipment, equipment for swimming pools and saunas, and much more. The use of home automation systems in symbiosis with such systems will extend their service life due to timely notification of possible problems and reporting systems on equipment operation.
Consider the indirect savings of money with the help of Smart Home:
One can only imagine how much money and nerves can be lost if an unforeseen situation occurs in the house, such as a water leak, fire, or robbery. The consequences of these situations can be minimized, or even completely prevented, using the capabilities of automation systems.
So water leakage sensors will not only report the danger, but also block the necessary pipes, additionally send a message to the owner’s mail or phone, or to the dispatcher, so that all necessary measures are taken. The same can be attributed to smoke detectors, as well as home intrusion sensors.
Of course, all these elements can be installed separately, but as practice shows, the cost of implementation will be slightly lower, and the efficiency will drop significantly.
Time is money. Therefore, we simply cannot ignore the opportunities provided by the use of smart home technologies in terms of saving your time.
Think about how much time you spend checking that all the lights and electrical appliances are turned off everywhere in the house before you leave it? Remember situations when you had to look for remote control from a TV or air conditioner? Does it happen that you are watching a great movie and at that time the door phone rings in the corridor?
A smart home – will help to carry out all these actions with minimal effort. If you wish, you can make sure that the management of all the features of your home is always at your fingertips, on your favorite mobile device.