Today, there are more than 12 different clues and add-ons based on salesforce crm development services. PowerSync will tell you about the main ones that you most often encounter in your workflow.
Table of Contents
Sales & Analytic Clouds
A platform for managing sales and building analytics based on data about products sold. With the help of these clouds you can analyze the sales funnel and focus on the most profitable deals, track contracts, receive notifications and in every way improve customer performance by customizing the platform.
The application provides maximum channels of communication with customers. If a company has a service department, this cloud will be suitable for automating the work of this team. For example, you can connect to electronic telephony, so that you can quickly communicate with customers and solve their problems in a timely manner; connect to an online database that will prompt employees what documents should be sent to the client, how to explain what the problem is with a particular product. All this is set up automatically, even without the direct involvement of the employee.
Commerce & Marketing Clouds
Clouds for marketing automation, for advertising mailing lists and campaigns, for collecting information about product popularity. You can create online stores and connect banking to pay for products through Salesforce. These clues enable castaways to make purchases from websites, social media, and smartphones. Customers grow business across all sales channels, B2B, B2C, get complete information on all customer actions, orders, baskets, items in stock. The platform leverages all of today’s artificial intelligence capabilities for personalized sales.
Salesforce Community Cloud
A social platform for communication between customers, between customers, and between employees.
One of my all-time favorite clouds. Combining systems and data from different locations is a complex and not always easy to do task. The creators of Salesforce decided to make it easier for their users to handle these kinds of tasks. For example, BMW uses the cloud to help customers find information about cars and their equipment. There is a mobile application where the user and the company employee share common information resources. All parts of the business process and data channels, as well as customer information, are linked through automatic integration based on the platform.
Health, Financial, Learning & Other Clouds
There are also separate clouds that focus on automating the operation of individual business domains. For example, the medical field or educational institutions.
The platform regularly updates its services and releases various “pluses” designed for use in different business domains. One of these “plushies” is the Salesforce Einstein artificial intelligence. Today, this is the first and only AI service for CRM-systems. It helps implement predictive analytics in CRM and predict which potential customers are most interested in working with your customer’s business, what products are most popular among the company’s customers, how to close deals faster and more profitable, and so on.
Salesforce for Outlook/Gmail
Dedicated Salesforce extension for your desktop or web-based Outlook or Gmail. Synchronizes all contacts, events, and customer information between your email client and Salesforce. This helps the customer’s employees run email newsletters, track messages, and schedule meetings more efficiently.
Salesforce Pardot Connector
The basic idea of the Pardot system is to collect information about the customer. Based on that data, a marketing strategy is formed that helps companies attract more new customers and offer them the right products. There’s also the ability to track how many times a customer clicked on a link in an email or on a website, how many times they opened an email, and whether they answered an email. What’s more, the system automatically builds reports on sales and marketing campaigns based on transactions made.
Salesforce CPQ (Configure – Price – Quote)
- With this Salesforce product, it’s easier for companies to enter into contracts and maintain a document flow. Contracts are generated and sent for signature to the customer (via secure email channels, of course) and back to Salesforce. All activities take place in a single interface accessible to the company’s employees and customers. With CPQ, it is easy to find the product you need to sell or offer to a particular customer. The pricing process is also automated here.
- Basic CRM systems are not as flexible and do not provide the variety of utilities as Salesforce. Contact form management, trigger-based inbound/outbound email service, integrated and extensible call centers, and flexible application programming interfaces allow Salesforce to connect to the system and replace existing modules with one cloud. All of this is possible by developers and administrators.
- The world of Salesforce is a vast opportunity for business growth in digital. More and more companies will continue to interact with the platform. Hence, the demand for Salesforce developers and administrators. Now every engineer has a great chance to get into the trending field and develop their hard & soft skills, working with clients from all continents.
Is development for Salesforce different from “normal” development in general-purpose languages?
- We are thinking it’s very different. It’s often said in the Salesforce community that Salesforce is much more about business than technology. So a developer must not just write a conditional trigger, but first and foremost understand why he’s doing it, what business problem that trigger will solve.
- To some extent, every good Salesforce developer is a bit of a business consultant. He’s able to understand and clarify a customer’s issue, while often interacting with people without a technical background. He must then propose the best solution, choosing most typically between standard Salesforce tools and custom development. And after the solution is implemented, he must also teach the client how to use the functionality.
- Because of the nature of Salesforce, there can be many roles on the team. In addition to developers, there are Functional Consultants, who work to a large extent with the standard Salesforce tools. There are also Architects and Senior Technical Consultants. The latter are sort of translators of customer requirements into the “language of Salesforce,” and they must have a particularly good understanding of the business component. You can develop within a particular industry and become an expert in Fintech, iGaming, etc. or Marketing Cloud and Pardot products, Financial Services Cloud, etc. – There are really a lot of options.