Smartphone companies are leaving no stone unturned to bring unique innovations to their smartphones. Some companies are working on face recognition technology or the display of smartphones. Others are trying to bring new features in phones or want to expand the storage of handsets.
This Smartphone Will Be The First One To Have 512GB of Storage
A report from China has suggested that the company HUAWEI is planning to launch a smartphone with a 512GB inbuilt storage. Huawei is launching P20 series of smartphones next week. This smartphone with 512GB of storage can be a variant of P20 series. According to the report, this smartphone has 6GB RAM. It is also suggested that the smartphone will have a triple rear camera.
According to the information given on Tenna, this smartphone has following specifications:
- Application Unit: Huawei Technologies, Ltd
- Manufacturer: Huawei Technologies, Ltd
- Device Name: TD-LTE digital mobile phone
- Equipment model: NEO-ALOO
- Equipment origin: Shenzhen City, Guandong Province
- Date of issues: 2018/2/12
- Valid until: 2021/2/12
- Remarks: 1) The device supports TD-LTE/LTE FDD/TD-SCDMS/WCDMA/edma2000/CDMA 1X/GSM standard; 2)The device is dual SIM dual standby mobile phone; 3) Operating System: Android
- Record Information: 1) 2018-03-15 Appearance change; 2) 2018-3-19 Memory change (add “6GB RAM + 512GB ROM” memory version)
Currently, 256GB is the maximum storage that any smartphone offers. As per the Tenna listing, Huawei, P20 will break all the records and will be the first smartphone to have such a massive amount of storage. This amount of storage is almost equal to what Personal Computers offer and more than any MacBook model.
Samsung first announced the production of the first 512GB UFS storage for smartphones back in 2017. However, it seems that Huawei will be the first company to launch this storage solution.
Moreover, it is not confirmed that when this smartphone is going to launch, as it has just been spotted on Tenna.