There are many errors that the user might face while using his or her PC. One of the common most errors faced by the users is This Copy of Windows is not Genuine. This error occurs due to specific reasons for which the user should be aware of. If you install any pirated Windows Operating System which is not the original and authenticated version, it will work for only a few months. After using it for a couple of months or more you will confront this type of error on the screen of your device.
The screen at that point in time might also get blank. One can obviously purchase an original version of Windows OS and can make use of it to avoid this trouble. But make sure you are not buying it from any third party because that might cause you a loss of money as well as this peculiar error “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine“.
What causes “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine” Error:
This error generally arises in Windows 7 build 7600. Nowadays, many guys are also getting this copy of windows is not genuine build 7601 error. So, guys, we are writing this guide with all possible solutions to this error.
So before entering into the procedure portion of fixing this error, let me mention that this procedure will be working well for 32- bit and 64- bit versions of Windows 7. These three steps sequentially will help you in eliminating this sort of errors.[irp posts=”1212″ name=”How to Download YouTube Videos on Android & PC 2017″]
[irp posts=”918″ name=”6 Best Android Emulator for PC & Mac 2017″]
How to Fix “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine” Permanently
I have seen many sites are sharing the guide on to remove this copy of windows is not genuine permanently but our mission is different. How Tech Hack is providing you with the tutorial to fix this copy of windows is not genuine permanently. Not the regular garbage which you find on other sites. Hence, you can fix this error with the help of a removal tool or activator. Follow the below methods to remove this copy of windows is not genuine virus: –[irp posts=”866″ name=”How to Install Remix OS for PC Single Boot on Hard Disk”]
Method 1: Uninstall Update KB971033
If you are getting this error “This copy of Windows is not Genuine”, then be sure, that your windows have an updated file that can easily detect your Windows OS.
So before following the actual procedure, first of all, uninstall this updated file to avoid the risk of detection. And if you do not find any such update then you can just skip this step of uninstallation. Windows update can be removed by the following steps:[irp posts=”821″ name=”6 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulator For PC 2017″]
- Open the control panel on your device.
- Then go to the section of Windows update.
- Now view the installed updates by clicking on it.
- Then after the loading part is done, check for update “KB971033” and uninstall it, if found.
- Then all you need to do is to restart your PC. If you do not find any such updated installation then you may leave this particular step and you do not need to uninstall in another file.
Method 2: Use SLMGR- REARM Command
Now, this is the actual and most important step to fix the error. The steps are:
- Open the Start Menu from the Start button.
- Then search for the cmd option in the search option.
- Then the command prompt option arrives. Right-click on it and select Run as It is a must selection otherwise the command will not run without administrator privileges.
- Now type, SLMGR- REARM (all in capital letters). SLMR is a sort of tool which manages the license of Windows software. REARM is a very useful command which is able to reset the status of the license of the machine. This is the most important step so while typing the command avoid spelling or typing errors. Lastly, press, enter button.
- A window will appear, click OK.
- Now finally restart your PC. From then onwards you will not be receiving any such error message.
Tip: If SLMGR- REARM does not work then use SLMGR/REARM. This trial is worthy enough. This is so because the former command works well for 32- bit version of Windows but it may or may not work for 64- bit version. Only then you should try the latter command.
Now above all this, here are some errors that you might face while doing the second step:
- ERROR TYPE 1– If you get “Error 0xc004d307”: This means the maximum number of rearam allowed has been exceeded.
- ERROR TYPE 2– You may confront an error such as “slmgr is not recognised as an external or internal command”.
Method 3: Turn Off Updates
Now see, you are not using authorized Windows OS so you are not permitted to its updated versions. So you must turn off updates in order to avoid such error again. If you do not turn off the updates, then your OS will get updated itself. Now steps to turn off the updates are:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Windows update.
- Click on Install Updates Automatically.
- Then you will have to select Never Check for Updates.
Even after following the above steps if you find the blank screen occurring again, then just change the background of your PC’s screen from the properties option of the system.
Now the last remedy if all your efforts fail then: Reinstall Windows 7 from any CD or DVD again and then follow the procedure given above carefully.
After doing all this you will surely not receive any error alert as “This copy of Windows is not genuine”.[irp posts=”353″ name=”How To Install Kali Linux On Android & PC 2017″]
To conclude upon this topic, I would like to add that these procedures are genuine which will allow you to remove “This copy of Windows is not genuine error’ effectively. I hope you will find it useful and these tips will allow you to use Windows OS without any regular updates. So this will be an error-free procedure.
Lastly, it is always advisable to use newer versions of Windows as hackers always try to attack older versions of OS. But then money matters and even shortcut hacks![irp posts=”1436″ name=”6 Tips About Brand New Laptop You Can’t Afford To Miss”]
I hope you made use of our Fix “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine” guide, didn’t you?
In case you have any doubts regarding this, don’t forget to leave a comment below. I will reach out to you at the earliest.
Share How to Fix “This Copy of Windows is not Genuine” Permanently with your friends. Let them get the solution to this problem.