Back in 2009, Brian Acton and Jan Koum created an app named “WhatsApp” that took instant messaging to a whole new level. Since then, WhatsApp has become the most popular messaging app available on the market and is still ruling the messaging world. When WhatsApp was first released, it came in with a new messaging model that attracted new customers, resulting in almost 250,000 users in a few months. With its user base increasing day by day, the creators had to charge the users after a 1-year free trial period, to slow down the subscription rate. In 2014, Facebook acquired WhatsApp for $19 billion (US), its largest acquisition to date.
Download WhatsApp 2.17.400 APK for Android
[irp posts=”265″ name=”WhatsApp Plus 2017 APK Download For Android”]
Features of WhatsApp Apk:
WhatsApp started as a simple online messaging application and over the years it has evolved into something more than just a messenger app. Now, WhatsApp is packed with so many features. To name a few:
- More than just texting
You can not only just send & receive text over the internet, WhatsApp allows you to share videos, images, audios, etc. It also has a voice note feature which allows you to record and send voice texts instantly.
- Group texts
Group chat feature is one of the main reasons teenagers are hooked up to WhatsApp. Instead of texting or sharing videos, images, audio, etc. individually share it to your group and get all replies and opinions at one place.
- No need for username/password
WhatsApp does not require you to create a username or password to access the application. Just provide your phone number and wait for verification. Once it’s verified, you can access the app anywhere and anytime. This relieves you from the stress of remembering yet another username and password.
- Always logged in
After downloading the app, WhatsApp asks you to enter your phone number. Upon entering your phone number, WhatsApp sends a text with a verification number. Once the verification process is over, you are good to go. There’s no logging in or logging out, you are always logged which prevents you from missing any messages.
- Connect easily with your Contacts
WhatsApp requires access to your Contact list to help you connect to them easily. You don’t have to send a request or wait for approval to send a message. It automatically shows you a list of Contacts that have WhatsApp, thus helping you connect to them quickly and easily.
- Voice and Video calls
Enjoy voice and video calls over your Data/Wi-Fi connection. WhatsApp keeps on updating this feature, to give its users the best experience. Voice calls are great on WhatsApp. Video call feature needs some improvement as some users experience a lag.
This is a new feature where users can upload images or video on the status page and it will last for 24 hours. You have an option to decide which person from your contact list can see your status.
- Encrypted message
Using this feature your messages and calls are secured with end-to-end encryption. This prevents WhatsApp or any other third party app from reading or listening to your conversations.
- No ads
Most social media applications are filled with loads of advertisements, which more often than not end up annoying you. You are not pestered with pop-ups ads on WhatsApp. Enjoy an ad-free conversation anytime and anywhere.[irp posts=”275″ name=”GBWhatsApp APK Download For Android Latest Version 5.50″]
Download WhatsApp Latest Version 2.17.400 APK for Android
WhatsApp released its latest update for Android recently (Version 2.17.400). WhatsApp users have seen some huge changes over the last few updates. Disappearing statuses, video call, end-to-end encryption, etc. are some of the new features added to WhatsApp. The latest version also has some extra features and updates.
Let us look at some specifications of the latest version of WhatsApp for Android.
|File size||36.68 MB|
|Android Version||Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich MR1, API 15) +|
|Last Updated||27th October, 2017|
What’s new in WhatsApp latest version 2.17.400 for Android:
- Post text-only status updates
Allows you to post text-only updates to your status which will disappear in 24 hours. Click on the pencil icon on the status tab, write what you want, and post it. You can customize the font type and font size. You can also add a background color before posting the status.
- Two-step verification
- Go to Settings Account Two-step verification enable.
- You are prompted to set up a six-digit PIN.
- In addition to the PIN, you can set up an email address. WhatsApp sends an email to the registered email id in case you forgot the six-digit PIN. Setting up an email id is highly recommended so that you are not locked out of your account in case you forgot your PIN.
- Next time you try to reinstall WhatsApp with your phone number, along with the OTP you have to enter your six-digit PIN to verify that it’s you.
- Picture-in-picture mode
When you are on a Video call, you can tap back and scroll through your chat screen in picture-in-picture mode. This feature works only on Android version 8.0 and above.
- Other features
- You can pin individual/group chats you frequently visit at the top of your chat list.
- Revised mute settings.
- Now when you send/receive multiple photos, they are grouped together as an album.
- Gain access to your gallery from your in-app camera by swiping up.
- Improves message storage.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
Screenshots of WhatsApp Apk:
How to Download and Install WhatsApp Messenger Latest Version 2.17.400 APK for Android
- Download the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger APK 2.17.400 for Android from the link given below.
- Go to SettingsSecurity and Enable “Unknown Resources”.
- Locate the APK file on your file manager app and Tap on it to begin the installation.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Launch WhatsApp.
- You will be asked to enter your phone number. An OTP will be sent for verification
- Once you verify your phone number, if you have your previous messages backed up WhatsApp will ask you to restore the backup. You can either proceed with restoring or skip the process.
- WhatsApp is ready to use now.
Download WhatsApp Apk:
( Server Link 1 Latest V2.17.400 )
( Download from Playstore )
You are now ready to use WhatsApp Latest Version 2.17.400 for Android. Happy WhatsApping.[irp posts=”561″ name=”How To Root Android Phone Without PC 2017″]
I hope you made use of our WhatsApp Apk Latest Version 2018, didn’t you?
In case you have any doubts regarding the WhatsApp Apk Download, don’t forget to leave a comment below. I will reach out to you at the earliest.
Share Download WhatsApp 2.17.400 APK for Android with your friends. Let them get the fun of latest features with WhatsApp messenger.